Week 5 Preview
We had another great and busy week at DVS! Students started seminars this week and seem to be enjoying their seminar classes as they explore interests and/or participate in physical activities during this time.
- School Reminders– we are off to a great start and would like to maintain a positive and safe learning environment for all students. This week, students were reminded of the following:
- Keep cell phones put away in backpacks during class
- Keep the school clean (please no gum on campus)
- Keep to dress code policy
- Please be on time for all classes (school start time 8:50:00)
- Thank you, students and families, for helping us with these reminders.
- Freshmen Overnighter Pics– here is the link to Freshmen Overnighter Pictures. As always, shout out to Stacee Lianna for capturing these wonderful memories for our students. We hope the DVS culture continues to stay strong, positive and welcoming.
- Progress Reports will be sent out Week 7 (delayed one week). Thank you for your patience as we are transitioning, adjusting, and learning Canvas. For now, to see your student’s work and assignments, we encourage you to log in with your student’s Canvas account. For some classes, grades may be seen on Canvas, and you may continue to view grades on PowerSchool.
- Seminar Change Request Form– closes Tuesday, September 13th.
- DVS School Site Council – Reminder that we are still looking to form our DVS School Site Council. School Site Council (SSC) is an opportunity for parents, students, and staff to work collaboratively to review the school program, review data and identify needs, and make recommendations for the Local Control and Accountability Plan. If you are interested in joining our DVS School Site Council, please fill out School Site Council Parent Interest Form by Wednesday, 9/14 (extended due date). All submissions will be added to a voting form that will go out to the DVS parent community by 9/15. School Site Council members will be notified, on September 16th. SSC Meetings will be held on the following dates: 9/22, 1/19, 2/9, 5/18, and 6/1 from 4:30-5:30 via Zoom.
- Senior College Planning and Post-DVS Planning Meetings start this week and run until mid-October. If you haven’t done so already, please sign up for a meeting with Ms. Marquez here. Ms. Marquez is excited to support you this year as we begin the college application process. The agenda for these meetings will be a brief description of College, Career, and Life class, college letter reviews, a review of graduation requirements, and a discussion of colleges of interest.
- Parent Office Hours with Grace and Tim – will be even weeks, Thursdays 4:30-5:30 on this zoom link. The next parent office hours will be Week 6, Thursday, September 22nd at 4:30.
- Upcoming Important Dates:
- 9/14- CEA Downtown LA Field Trip
- 9/16 PD Day (No School)
- 9/22 School Site Council Meeting #1
- 10/12 PSAT/SAT Testing Day
- 10/17-10/21 Student-Led Conferences (SLCs)
Week 5 Schedule: