Week 13 Schedule
DVS had a fun Spirit Week this week! It was great to see students and staff join in on the fun and show school spirit! We want to thank the student leadership team for organizing that for us. We have many exciting events planned in the coming weeks, including Exhibition Night this week! This is also a short week as we observe Veteran’s day, there will be no school on Friday, 11/11, thank you, Veterans!
We’d like to wish our Youth and Government Delegation good luck this weekend as they head to Camp Roberts for their Training in Elections Conference.
We also want to wish our awesome Robotics Team 4201 the best of luck at this weekend’s Beach Blitz Competition. Go Vitruvian Bots! You can follow the action here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCk7hyYFQEHPYnlfD5kSJGPg
Semi-formal dance tomorrow, Saturday, 11/5, 6:00-9:00 pm. Be safe and have fun.
- Exhibition Night– is this week! We are very excited to be holding DVS Exhibition Night this coming Thursday, November 10th from 5:30-7:30 pm. We invite all students, families, and the community to join us for this exciting night of celebrating student work this semester. Students in grades 10, 12, and Spanish Department will be proudly showcasing their projects and learning!
- Aviation Day Field Trip– is this Wednesday, 11/9. If students signed up, they must return their permission slip to attend the Field Trip, students need to arrive at school by 8:30 for the bus.
- College Information Meetings– College Informational Webinars will take place Week 14. These college information sessions will be hosted by our college counselor, Ms. Marquez.
- Tuesday, 11/15 – 9th Grade College Webinar 5:00-6:00 pm
- Wednesday, 11/16 – 10th Grade College Webinar 5:00-6:00 pm
- Thursday, 11/17- 11th Grade College Webinar 5:00-6:00 pm
- Here is the zoom link for all college webinar sessions: https://zoom.us/j/9301907728
- DVS Staff Gratitude Baskets- We appreciate our DVS staff for working hard and caring for our students every day. In the next couple weeks, we will be continuing our tradition of organizing Thanksgiving Gratitude Baskets to deliver to our school staff as they leave for Thanksgiving Break on Friday, November 18th. The idea is that each staff member will receive one basket containing things they like and words of appreciation from students and parents/guardians. If you wish to contribute to the Gratitude Baskets, here are some ways you can do that!
- Items: If you are interested and able to purchase something to show your appreciation, please consider using this list of the DVS staff’s favorite things for ideas. If you’d like to make a general contribution to be shared amongst the whole staff, you can send an e-gift card to email@example.com. Your gift will be used to purchase items for the baskets and your name will be included with the basket.
- Words of Appreciation: There is nothing that means more to school staff than words of appreciation or encouragement! Please consider handwriting a note of thanks.
- Any items or notes for the Gratitude Baskets can be dropped off in the front office between today and Thursday, November 17th.
- We are also looking for parent/guardian volunteers to help with assembling the Gratitude Baskets during the week of 11/14-11/18. If you are available and willing to help, please reach out to our Office Manager, Liz Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- 11/10, Thursday: Exhibition Night (grades 10th, 12th, & Spanish Dept.) All are welcome to attend!
- 11/11, Friday: No School – Veterans Day Holiday
- 11/21-11/25, Monday-Friday: No School – Thanksgiving Break
- 12/8-12/15, Thursday-Thursday: Presentations of Learning
- 12/15, Thursday: Last day of Semester 1
- 12/16, Friday: Professional Development Day, No School
- 12/19-1/6: Winter Break
- School Calendar Link