Suicide Prevention Day and Mental Health Support
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day
Individuals and organizations around the world join their voices to broadcast the message that everyone can take action for suicide prevention. We all have a role to play in suicide prevention. There are actions you can take right now to support yourself and those around you:
- Together we can Take Action for Mental Health by learning more, checking-in with ourselves and others, and getting support when needed. Visit www.takeaction4MH.com for more information.
- Together we can Take Action for Suicide Prevention by knowing the signs for suicide, finding the words to check-in with someone we are concerned about, and reaching out to resources. Visit www.suicideispreventable.org for more information.
We view mental health and well-being as a priority. In support of this, we have invested in several resources that you can access whenever you need help. Remember, you are not alone and it is a true act of bravery and strength to seek help.
We encourage you to utilize on-campus resources, and save the community resource so you can easily find them if you or someone you know needs help.
- Students can access support with a counselor. Email Ms. Ruiz, firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Students can receive on-going on-campus therapy with a therapist from Antioch University or Pepperdine University. Please contact Ms. Ruiz, email@example.com for details. Parent permission is required to receive services from Antioch or Pepperdine.
In our community:
Da Vinci Schools has partnered with Care Solace to support our community’s mental health.
If you or a family member is looking for help with mental health or substance use, Care Solace can quickly find treatment options matched to your needs, regardless of the circumstance.
Care Solace’s care navigation services are confidential and complimentary to Da Vinci Schools’s students, staff, and their families. Care Solace’s team is available 24/7/365 and can support you in any language.
If you would like to use Care Solace to help you find a provider:
- Call 888-515-0595 available 24/7/365
- Visit www.caresolace.com/davincischools and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
In an emergency:
- Call 911 or and request a Crisis Intervention Trained (C.I.T.) response
- Go to the closest emergency room for support
- Call the National Suicide Prevention & Crisis Lifeline at 988 or chat at 988lifeline.org
- Text “Hello” or “Home” to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
- Trevor Lifeline LGBTQQ+ Crisis Support: 1-866-488-7386