Week 34 Schedule
This was an exciting week for seniors as Monday was National Decision Day! We celebrated their achievements and post-high school plans with cheers, speeches, donuts, and a photo booth in the Black Box. Although knowing we only have a few more weeks with them is bittersweet, we are so proud of our seniors!
- Prom is today, May 5th at 6:00 at the Proud Bird. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- The 10th grade Ocho de Mayo Fiesta is next Monday, May 8th! 10th grade teachers have been communicating with students and families to contribute to the morning potluck festivities.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month! Our DVS counselors kicked off the month with a photo booth, music, and giveaways at lunch this week. Students, check out the Forum whiteboard next week for more!
- Individual Post-DVS Planning Meeting for 11th grade students begin next week with Ms. Marquez (firstname.lastname@example.org), the DVS College Counselor. Every Junior is expected to schedule a meeting and have at least one parent/guardian present. If you still need to schedule a meeting, please do so using this link.
- “Ghosted” Kaiser Play and Workshop: This week, 9th grade students participated in a two-part mental health and resilience program provided through Kaiser Permanente’s Thriving School Resilience in Schools Environment (RISE) initiative. Find out more about “Ghosted” and RISE here.
- National Teacher Appreciation Week is May 8-12th. If you are interested in coordinating or helping out with providing breakfast or lunch for staff, please use this SignUpGenius link to sign up or let Liz know at email@example.com. If you are able, we are also grateful for any gift card donations to be used as prizes and purchasing of supplies for staff appreciation week (no obligation, completely voluntary). You can make ecard donations to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off gift card donations to the front office. Thank you in advance for your support! We also encourage students to show appreciation for your teachers, counselors, and staff in the following ways:
- Monday, May 8th: Fan Mail– Shower your teachers with fan mail! Write a note or card with written words of why you are a fan of them.
- Tuesday, May 9th: Selfie and Autographs Day- ask your teachers for their autographs and get a selfie with them. Email the pic to that person.
- Wednesday, May 10th: Sweet Movie Treats- Offer a sweet treat for a teacher (boxed candies like at the movies, red vines, etc).
- Thursday, May 11th: Salty Movie Snacks – Bring a salty snack for a teacher (their favorite popcorn, chips, etc.)
- Friday, May 12th: Oscar Awards– Award your teacher with something that you enjoy and share with them why you enjoy it!
Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, 5/8: 10th grade Ocho de Mayo Fiesta
- Thursday, 5/11: Senior Awards Night 6:00pm (by invitation)
- Thursday, 5/18: School Site Council Meeting #4
- Thursday, 6/8: DVS Graduation at 5:00pm
- Summer School (for credit recovery): Session 1: June 13-June 30, Session 2: July 11-July 27
- School Calendar Link
- First Day of School for the 2023-2024 school year will be Monday, August 14th.
National Decision Day Celebration
PC: Kai Golston
Mental Health Awareness Month Photo Booth
PC: Kai Golston